Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swami Amar Jyoti

Swami Amar Jyoti was born on Might 6, 1928 in a village in northwestern India https://storage.googleapis.com/swami-amar-jyoti/Swami-Amar-Jyoti-.html, not far from the banks of the Indus River. His childhood interests were many: science, math, music, writing, biking, drama and sports, and He brilliantly mastered all of these. His college education was momentarily disrupted by the partition of India in 1947, however He soon transferred to a college in Mumbai (Bombay). Much beloved by family and teachers, He surprised everyone with thedecision to leave home a few months prior to graduation, saying, "I 'd like to read an open book of the world for my education."

Swami Amar Jyoti Wikipedia

Swami Amar Jyoti

At the age of nineteen, without money or any particular location, He took the very first train to Calcutta. It was 1948. Refugees were pouring over the border of East Bengal (now Bangladesh) into West Bengal by the thousands each day. Surviving on a railway platform near the border of India and Bangladesh, He quickly headed the entire volunteer corps there, working tirelessly 20 hours or more each day. After about ten months, the flood of refugees diminished and He went back to Calcutta.

How Can Swami Amar Jyoti Benefit Individuals?

Swami Amar Jyoti

He lived on the borders of the city in a quiet ashram and pursued classical music, sitar, spiritual studies and prayer. He started to practice meditation and do yoga and went to puja (conventional worship) at a nearby temple of a popular saint. In a short while He "knew" His life work. Soon He retired to Himalaya where He lived in silence and meditation for about ten years, one-pointed onthe Objective of Freedom. Many places of trip were visited throughout those years, walking on foot many miles every day. But a little cavern at Gangotri, the temple town near the source of the Ganga River, was the location of His greatest spiritual disciplines, awakenings and, finally, Illumination.

In 1958, taking initiation of Vidyut Sannyas (lit: "lightning"-- a form of monasticism that is Self-initiated) at the holy site of Badrinath of Himalaya, and taking the name Swami Amar Jyoti (Swami-- Knower of the Self; Amar Jyoti-- Immortal Light), He came down into the plains of India for His God-given objective to the world. The first Ashram Gurudeva established was Jyoti Ashram, under Ananda Niketan Trust, situated in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Throughout the years after leaving home, His mom had never ceased looking for Him and awaiting His return. In answer to her prayers, He settled in Pune where she could be near Him.

Swami Amar Jyoti

In 1961, He accepted a deal by an enthusiast to visit the United States. Again, He traveled unidentified, though He soon drew in lots of who had never ever seen such a holy man. Eventually He was encouraged to establish an Ashram, and Sacred Mountain Ashram was founded in 1974 followed in 1975 by Desert Ashram under Reality Consciousness, a nonprofit company that works as an automobile for Gurudeva's work in the United States.

The spiritual awakening in the world that Gurudeva exposes is the glorious destiny of humanity, as soon as freed from our restricted identity of self. Lovingly and constantly, He continues to uplift and purify each of us for this awakening, for His method is the ancient relationship of the Guru to the disciple, the candle light lit straight from the burning flame of Fact. Prabhushri continuously reminds us that we are at a development into a new age, where religious beliefs will be transformed into direct awakening and communion with our Greatest Source. Like a mother whose love knows no bounds for her kid, the Guru guides and nurtures the disciple on his/her own path to perfection, revealing in Himself the obtainable Reality of God Awareness.

After four decades spent in continually taking a trip, providing Satsang and Retreats, developing Ashrams and assisting many souls to greater awareness, Gurudeva took Mahasamadhi-- mindful release of the mortal body-- on June 13, 2001 in Louisville, Colorado. According to His wishes, His Asti Kalash (urn including Spiritual Remains) was reminded Jyoti Ashram by disciples from India. Within a year, a Samadhi Sthal in the form of a pure white marble pyramid was produced for irreversible consecration. It has thus end up being a beacon Light, a location of trip and meditation for all who are blessed to go into there.

The dedication of the Samadhi Sthal was conducted throughout 5 days of sophisticated Vedic pujas and fire events participated in by hundreds of devotees, from June 9-13, 2002. At the end of the dedication, the Brahmin priest who led the pujas enunciated the following: "As long as the sun and the moon and the stars and water (symbolic of life) exist, may this Samadhi Sthal be the Illuminator of countless souls, and may You continue to guide and bless us." Immortal Light-- The Blissful Life and Knowledge of Swami Amar Jyoti: A Biography in His Own Words is offered from TruthConsciousness.org.

Swami Amar Jyoti

Comments

• Thanks so much for providing individuals with an extraordinarily special chance to read from this web site. It's always so superb and as well , stuffed with a good time for me and my office co-workers to search your web site on the least thrice in one week to see the latest issues you have got. And indeed, I'm actually happy with your terrific tricks you give. Selected 3 areas on this page are in reality the simplest we've ever had.
  • I needed to thank you very much again. I do not know the things I might have worked on in the absence of these hints revealed by you relating to such concern. It was before a troublesome concern in my position, nevertheless noticing your skilled strategy you processed the issue took me to weep with joy. I am just happier for the information and in addition trust you really know what a great job that you're putting in instructing many people using a blog. Most probably you've never come across any of us.
  • I am commenting to let you know what a helpful experience our child gained viewing your site. She realized some issues, including how it is like to possess an awesome helping mood to have other people completely learn about chosen problematic issues. You really did more than my desires. Many thanks for coming up with the precious, healthy, explanatory.